Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Snaily Days



Last Friday, my granddaughter and I collected some snails from the garden. I had planned to give them to my neighbour, who keeps lizards.  Although I didn't want to knock on the door during the day, as the husband works evenings.  I couldn't leave the creatures in their container on the front step, in the sun. They might only be snails, scourge of many a veggie patch, and; I was sending them to be eaten. I just thought, broiling slowly in a plastic container would be a cruel way to go.

So, they got a reprieve as I released them back into the wilds of my back yard. At least until I speak to the neighbour, about where to leave them.

I know, I know. What a dork!

Anyway. I couldn't resist taking a couple of photos.




And one for this months Whimsy


Have a great day :)


7 comments:

  1. ha ~ that is absolutely marvelous...love the sketch and those pics are stellar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of nature on that rusty chandelier... right up my alley ;) I love rusty stuff!

    What a great whimsical sketch! and a great heart of yours to worry about your snails who are apparently on death row ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I see smaller snails sometimes, but rarely such big ones! The sketch is cute. He looks a little scared - probably having a rough day - so it's no wonder he doesn't want to come out. I like the hatch marks you included at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely comments guys.

    dt, photography is one of my interests,and I'm thrilled you liked the photos.

    Jaime, I know what you mean about rusty and old things. They have a lot a character and I love them too. And the snails....lol.

    Cindy, all I can say is, Herman realized what was going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manni, I have a sneaking fondness for snails too, although they're the scourge of the lettuce patch. Your pics are lovely and bring out their beauty - they are amazing beasts really. I prefer to leave out a container of old beer for them to drown in! I figure they die happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent photo and very creative sketch ~ namaste

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gay, I definitely have a soft spot for snails, they have so much character. I must say drowning in beer sound like a better way to go than being eaten by lizards.

    ArtMuseDog and Carol, I'm glad you liked Herman and the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Add some Sunshine to my day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...