Pages

Saturday 26 November 2011

The Never Ending Journal.

Well its nearly the end of November, and

I'm starting to panic just a wee bit.

Christmas is coming...........................Gulp

Last year I started making a journal for my half sister in Europe, and I'm desperately trying to finish it. She has been to Australia a few times, so we have had some time to get to know each other. She is a beautiful person and I wish we'd had the opportunity to grow up together. This is my way of showing her a little bit of my heart, and also a way for us to share our lives. She likes to write. So, my pictures, and photographs, her writing.

I still have work to do, but thought I would share some of the pages I've finished so far, over at the Web of Whimsy .



I love Paper-cuts, and have been trying my hand at it. This original is done on an A3 sized
piece of cartridge. 


The photo of my niece is in my Flickr account where someone suggested she could be a mermaid. 






Oh No! not more snails.
 Couldn't help myself. Sorry (well...... not really).
I attempted some gelatin printing here, and want to do some more. It will have to wait until I have a proper studio to work in again. It's a pain not having somewhere to work properly. My kitchen bench doesn't cut it.




This is by far my favorite.
I've also discovered that I really like the poetry of Henry Van Dyke. Here is a link to his Poem 
So sweet and Perfect for this time of year.

Of course I still have to bind it and decide what I'm going to cover it with. Hard or soft cover.
Should be interesting, having never made a book before.
Fingers crossed :)

2 comments:

Add some Sunshine to my day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...