Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Minni Ks trip to the Vet

We live close to a golf course, where they have a huge rainwater pond used to water the greens. When it's hot, I like to take my two dogs there for a swim. They absolutely love the water, and we usually spend about half an hour getting soaked. Them and me.
It's about a 45 minute round trip, and since I spent much of my time sitting these days. I need it.

It's Monday, and off we go to the pond. Everything's great, the dogs have a ball. I have a laugh at their antics.
Later that afternoon, I notice Minni is holding her tail strangely. Still later, more of the same, only worse. When hubby comes home, we attempt to to see what is going on. She struggles and whines and scratches and is obviously in distress. So am I. We glimpse something that looks swollen and fiercely red.

We decide a trip to the V.E.T. is needed, and because she seems otherwise well, and it's now after hours. We make an appointment for the next day.

Tuesday rolls around and she's still holding her tail funny and won't let me look.

That afternoon, one little black doggie gets to go for a ride in the car. YIPPPEEEEE. All by herself, no need to share us. Double YIPPEEEE.............. Only; the destination is a real disappointment.

 Poor Minni.

In the end it turned out that the trip wasn't necessary at all. I't seems she must have had a prolapse which had righted itself by the time we got to the vet. We should add more roughage he said.

At least we know there is nothing serious going on, and she has a clean bill of health. Good teeth, ears, eyes, heart, and we know we are doing something right. Not that we needed the extra expense at the moment. Sigh.

She got a jab too, although I'm not a huge advocate of over immunizing, and don't think they need shots every year.

Whats all the fuss about anyway.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add some Sunshine to my day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...